Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Forget the Past.


"Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward." Philippians 3:13

This is an excerpt from the book, "New Day, New You," by Joyce Meyer.

I spent many years hating myself for each of my failures. I desperately wanted to be a good Christian. I wanted to please God. But I still thought it was my perfect performance that would please him. I had not yet learned that he was pleased with my faith.

If you made a mistake twenty years ago or ten minutes ago, there is still nothing you can do about it except ask for forgiveness, receive it, forget the past, and go on. There may be some restitution you can make to an individual you hurt; and if that is the case, by all means do so. But the bottom line is that you still must let go of the past in order to grasp the future. Until you do so, you will not enjoy life the way god intended when he sent Jesus.

No comments: