Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Will Comfort You


"As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you." Isaiah 66:13


My daughter, Christine, had surgery on her wisdom teeth today. She has been worried and afraid about it for weeks. I was worried too, because she has had problems with other surgeries, and also because I knew she would be in a lot of pain afterwards.

I've been praying for her all the while, but last night I could feel my stomach go in knots about it. I felt a little panic well up inside. But immediately I felt God's Spirit say, "It's alright, don't worry." I just relaxed and felt better.

I'm so thankful for God's comfort and strength in times of need. I know he wasn't telling me that she would have no pain or troubles, but that he was here with us, with my family. Thank you God.

The surgery went well, they had to cut into her jaw bone and she is in pain of course, but I know God will help her.

No comments: