Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rejoice Always? Yes.

"Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10


Awhile ago I said I was going to try to rejoice in the Lord even when I felt upset or depressed. I have been doing that each day and I can testify that this has made my life calm and serene. I rejoice because of who God is, and because "my name is written in heaven."

Joyce Meyer says to, "Think on purpose." We shouldn't let our thoughts control us. If they are sad thoughts or bad thoughts, we can give them to God, quote some scriptures and go on with your day not dwelling on negative ideas.

A few days ago someone hurt my feelings. I talked with God about it and told him how I felt, then I told him I would not dwell on it but leave it with him. I realized that God is my best friend; even if other friends hurt me, he would not. He would always be there for me and he is all I need.

Whereas before I would have felt sad for a long time, it was only a few minutes this time. In fact, I felt happy for I felt God understood and was helping me.

We cannot rejoice over bad things that happen, but we can rejoice in the Lord. For the joy of the Lord is our strength.

No comments: