Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jesus Asks Questions.


This is the last post on questions that God and Jesus have asked people. I conclude with Jesus and a few of the questions he asked.

"Why were you afraid, you men of little faith?" Matt. 8:26

"You of little faith, why did you doubt?" Matt. 16

Faith is important to God. Jesus asked both these questions when he was on the sea with his disciples. In the first instance, they were all afraid of their boat sinking. There was a fierce storm at the time. Jesus was asleep and they woke him asking if he cared they would all die.

Jesus implied a person of faith would not have been afraid. Why? Why does it show faith when you believe you are about to drown and you are not afraid? I think that faith would say, "Trust in the Lord, if it is his will for you to die now then accept it. If it is not his will, no storm on earth could kill you."

The second verse came from Jesus when Peter came out onto the water to walk with Jesus. But Peter looked away and became afraid and began to sink. He looked at the storm instead of at Jesus. This it to teach us to look at God when we are in trouble. If we do, we will not doubt or be afraid.

Saul (later named Paul)was persecuting Christians; he was arresting them and taking them to jail. As he was going to Damascus a great light shone around him, he saw a heavenly person (Jesus) who spoke to him and asked him this question,


"Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?"

Paul had an open mind, he asked, "Who are you Lord?"

Jesus answered, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting."

Paul was converted that day, he repented and became one of the greatest Apostles.

If God ever questions you or I, how will we answer him? Will we be rebellious or will we open our heart to him?

2 comments:

sm said...

well written
my question is why do we need God

Belle said...

I'm so excited you asked!

Well, I can only speak for myself I guess. I had a rough childhood. I was abused by my father. My teenage years were pretty sad. I gave myself to God when I was 19 and it was the best decision I have ever made.

Life here on this planet is not what we need. There is so much missing here. This is not what we were created for, and that is why we are always searching for love, understanding and acceptance.

I believe in another life, a better life where everything is perfect. A life filled with joy and fun, where we can have our deepest desires come true. God says it has not even come into our minds what he has prepared for us.

I believe we need love. And as far as I can tell real, true love only comes from God. Human love doesn't last, or is incomplete. I want to love the way God loves: unconditionally.

I want peace, and the only peace I have found has come from God. I want to forgive people and not be spiteful, I have found that in God. I want to be a blessing to my family and the world, and I believe God has helped me be that.

So, those are a few reasons why I need God. He is just terrific and I hope you will give him a try.