Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Renew Your Mind.


"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind." Romans 12:2

There is a dynamic principle shown throughout God's Word, and no person will ever walk in victory unless he understands and operates in it: right action follows right thinking.

Let me put it another way: you will not change your behaviour until you change your thoughts.

In God's order of things, right thinking comes first, and right action follows.

"Be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind." Ephesians 4:24

These are quotes from the book, Battlefield In Your Mind, by Joyce Meyer.

Joyce helped me so much in my Christian walk. I used to wake up each morning wishing I had never been born. I hated facing a new day with all the problems it may throw at me. I used to ask God to let me die and have some peace.

This was my state of mind when I read this book. I wrote down all her suggestions on how to think differently. I read them every morning and quoted the Bible out loud as she instructed. Immediately I felt better about my life. Soon I didn't need to read the list of instructions, it just came naturally to think right thoughts.

My inner life has changed completely. I wake up happy to be alive. When something bad happens I now know that with God I can face it. I am so thankful to God and Joyce.

No comments: