Sunday, November 14, 2010

Walking On the Sea.

"They saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near to the boat; and they were frightened. But he said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." John 6:19-20


I believe this excerpt comes from the book, "My Utmost For His Highest."

"What is my vision of God's purpose for me? Whatever it may be, his purpose is for me to depend on him and hon his power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me.

God is not working toward a particular finish - his purpose is the process itself. What he desires for me is that I see "Him walking on the sea" with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see "Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God.

No comments: