Sunday, November 21, 2010

Paul


I was reading II Corinthians yesterday and it hit me how much Paul had suffered for preaching the gospel. Some preachers tell us God will bless our lives with money and other comforts is we ask him. Compare that to what Paul went through.

"Five times I received 39 lashes, three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked. I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure." These are some of Paul's words taken from Chapter 11.

Paul said he also had a "thorn in the flesh" that he asked God three times to remove. But God said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." I take this to mean God can use our weaknesses to show forth his power.

If we think God will protect us from all trouble, we are mistaken. But, he will be with us in that trouble. Jesus said, "In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 I love that verse. In tribulation - look at what Jesus did and know he is with you. "Behold, I am with you until the end of the world." Matthew 28:20

No comments: