Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Be Careful What You Ask For.


My daughter, Christine, needed a job and had an interview with a natureopath. She wanted that job so much. She said she begged and begged God to give it to her. She got it, but they hired two women. She wasn't all that happy there. After just two weeks they let my daughter go. She was devastated. She had never lost a job before.

Later, she had an interview to work at a doctor's office. She didn't think she would like working there so she asked God to not let them hire her. They hired her last week. She has worked there a week and loves it. She loves the doctor and the work. The doctor already gave her a raise and praises her all the time for what a good worker she is. Christine has never been so happy at a job.

Sometimes we can beg God for something that will not make us happy and He will give it to us because we ask. Sometimes the things we don't think will make us happy, do make us happy. Who is to know? Only God, which is why it is always best to say to Him after we pray, "Not my will, but your will be done."

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I think it's a process learning that God's path is the best....at least it has been for me......With every step comes growth...I am so happy that she is happy...

Thanks for coming over for a visit today and your sweet comments.....

Belle said...

It has been a long process for me to learn to leave things up to God. I always say, "I seem to have to learn the hard way!" I'm so happy for my daughter too. She has had a very rough time for lots of years. I'm hoping she will have some peace and happiness for awhile.

It has been good to meet you too.

Belle said...

Betty- You posted the exact same time as I did! Amen for sure!

Foster/AdoptiveMom said...

A couple days ago I was telling someone if God doesn't give us what we ask for and think we want it's because He has something much better in mind for us. Something I've been working on remembering but it's not always easy!

Not Unredeemed said...

so so true!!!

Belle said...

I guess it all comes down to trusting God and his will for us.