Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Forgiveness & Loving Your Enemies.


I was watching Joyce Meyer on TV and she was talking about forgiveness. She asked the people if any of them had anger in their hearts against anyone. After the show, I sat and thought about that. Did I have resentment or anger against anyone I needed to forgive? I couldn't think of anyone for awhile and then it came to me. I have anger towards certain politicians.

I realized I needed to forgive these people and asked God how to do that. He seemed to tell me to pray for them, so that is what I did. You know what? You really can't stay mad at people you pray for. As I began to pray I thought about how these people were following evil, how they didn't care about the poor, how they only cared about themselves and money. What a terrible condition to be in! How sad. Now, I feel pity for them.

God is so wise. The Bible says not to fret yourself about wicked people. Not only that, we are to love them. I am praying they will see the light. I am praying their eyes will be opened. I am praying my anger will go away and love will fill its place.

2 comments:

betty said...

It is always good to pray for those that make us bitter or angry or we feel wronged us. It does change our attitude about them indeed!

betty

Belle said...

Betty- I love the way God does things.