Monday, July 11, 2011

Growing Old


With all the aches and pains that come with aging, I sometimes miss how healthy and active I used to be. Some days I can actually take the dogs for a walk. Some days it seems impossible. My fibromyalgia comes and goes in waves. My energy ebbs in and out. I don't know if I start a walk if I can finish it, so I stay home most of the time.

Even so, I know I have been fortunate most of my life to be healthy. There are many people who are sick all their lives. There are many who die at a young age. So instead of dwelling on what was and what is with my body, I try to be grateful I can still see, walk, feel, think and move.

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"Teach us to number our days rightly, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1John 3:1

No matter how old I am, I am still a child of God!

2 comments:

betty said...

Amen!! And being a child of God is such a wonderful thing to be!

aging is not fun but I think you got a great attitude about it!!

betty

Belle said...

Betty- Thank you, I am trying! :)