Monday, July 4, 2011

Losing My Temper.


I went on a political blog yesterday and what I read made me so mad I swore and called politicians a bad name. I've been trying to avoid political shows on TV, blogs and news because I become so angry at what I believe is lying politicians who oppress the poor and are ruining the U.S. (I am a citizen) I want to make clear, this is not about the Obama administration.

Anyway, I was talking with God about it and the verse came into my mind about how Christians should think on "good" things. I've even posted about this verse. Whatever is true, honest... etc. We are to think on those things. I obviously have a problem thinking about politics without getting mad, so I will try and leave it alone again.

Jesus wasn't flipping out about the Romans in his time. I need to follow his example. Here is the verse I am talking about:

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

It's always hard to hear political stuff. I pray a lot for governments and let it go at that because I react the same way you do!

Good on you for listening to God's whisper!

Belle said...

Thanks so much. It feels good to know I am not alone.

Nancy said...

I think it makes us all mad or at least alot of us......your words of wisdom are right on target and I need to remember that next time I get aggrivated at some politician......

I have enjoyed visiting your blog....it's full of wisdom...

Belle said...

Nancy- How kind of you to say that. It is nice to meet you.