Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Choice.



Moses gave a long speech to the people of Israel as then came to the border of the Promised Land:


"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life..."
Deut. 30:19-20


There is so much good in this verse to think about.


Choose life.


Love God.


Listen to His voice.


Hold fast to Him. 


The Lord is your life.


I believe God has set this choice before every human being through the Holy Spirit. Everyone has a choice to make, for good or for evil. God has made it clear what the results will be: blessings or curses.



When the Israelites came into the promised land, Joshua had this to say.


"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

2 comments:

betty said...

it is so true; it comes down to choice. That was my "buzz" word for this year (trust was last year's). I have the choice on how I will live my life. Even with the bad things that come along, I have that choice to trust or be worried, be humble or arrogant, etc. very wise words!

betty

Belle said...

Trust is a good "buzz" word too. Choosing to trust. I find I have to make that choice each day.