Sunday, June 8, 2014

Psalm 25:1-3 - No Shame.

Psalm 25 - 1-3 What it Means to Me.

In you, Lord my God,
I put my trust.
I trust in you;
do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one who hopes in you
will ever be put to shame,
but shame will come on those
who are treacherous without cause.

As I was reading I noticed how many times the word "shame" came up in the first few verses. It says if we hope in God we will never be put to shame. Yet, Corrie Ten Boom experienced the shame of public nudity in a concentration camp. Jesus hung naked on the cross. Sexually abused children and adults feel shame. So, what do these verses mean?

I believe it means our hope and trust in God will never bring shame. He will save us for eternity. 
Also, if someone abuses a child, it is the abuser who should be full of shame -not the child. If someone oppresses me, the oppressor should be ashamed - not me. There is no shame in any kind of suffering for Christ or for the good of the world.











No comments: