Monday, June 16, 2014

Psalm 27 - A Psalm of Hope and Love.


Psalm 27 - What it means to me:

Verse 8: You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.”

This is the essence of being a Christian. God asks us to seek him. The decision we make is an eternal decision; it is the most important decision in a person's life. May we all say, "Your face, Lord, do I seek."

Verse 10: For my father and my mother have left me: but the Lord hath taken me up.

I love this verse because so many people have had unloving parents. God tells us that if our family does not love or value us, he does. What a beautiful thing to realize that God loves you and adopts you as his own.

Verse 13: I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.

I would have despaired too. If this was all the life we had then despair is a good reaction to that. But instead of despair we have hope. What a blessing!

Verse 14:  Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

You do need courage to wait for the Lord. His timing is not our timing. We want things done now, not later. But God is infinitely greater than us and knows perfect timing. He knows how long it will take for us to learn something new and become a better person. So, be strong and wait for the Lord. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Lúcy Jorge said...

Em plena copa do mundo aqui no Brasil, nós estamos nos edificando com o que realmente vale a pena:
A PALAVRA DE DEUS!

Louvem ao SENHOR pela sua bondade e pelas suas maravilhas para com os filhos dos homens! Ofereçam sacrifícios de ações de graças e proclamem com júbilo as sua obras! Salmos 107. 21,22.

Em Cristo,
***Lucy***