Friday, June 27, 2014

Psalm 32 - We Are Forgiven.

Psalm 32 - What it means to me.

Fortunate is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit. Verses 1,2

It is a wonderful feeling to be forgiven. I have sinned against people and when they say they forgive me it gives me happiness and relief. To know God forgives every sin, even if we fall again and again - as Jesus said to Peter, 

"And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him." Luke 17:4

Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.  Matthew 18:22

Jesus wants us to forgive as God forgives - a limitless amount of times. 

No comments: