Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Psalm 26 - Test Me, God?

Psalm 26: How I see it.

David writes: 
Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.

I myself have not led a blameless life. I have faltered and sinned. I'm not sure what David means here, but I would think he means he has worshiped the Lord all his life. He has never left God and worshiped other gods. 

Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

I am too scared to actually ask God to test and try me. Anyway, I don't have to ask because God does it all the time. The way this modern world runs, our patience is tested continually. Most of us have schedules to keep; if we get up late in the morning are we upset or angry? Do we yell at the kids or other drivers on the road? Do we snap at people at our jobs? Patience and love are daily tests for everyone.

David also says he doesn't hang around with wicked people. He goes to church and tells others about God's wonderful works. He does not commit evil deeds such as murder or taking bribes. He asks God not to let his soul be with people who do such things. He wants to live in God's house forever.

Yes, I want my soul to be in heaven in God's house too. It is an exciting thought to finally see God in person and all the angels and all the beauty that will be there. May we all meet together there one day.

No comments: