Monday, June 23, 2014

Psalm 30 - From Wailing to Dancing.

Psalm 30 - What it means to me.

Weeping may stay for the night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning. Verse 5

I have found this to be true. I go to bed and think of something important in my life that isn't going well and sometimes I do cry. But then I give my heartache to God and leave it with him to deal with and joy does come in the morning.

You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise you forever.  Verses 11-12

God can turn wailing into dancing. He can lift our hearts up to the clouds and away from our troubles. Not that we don't feel sadness or grief, but he can change it, he can move upon our hearts and give us peace. If the grief is raw, if a tragedy has happened: keep praying. Keep praying until peace comes as he promised it will.


No comments: