Thursday, June 19, 2014

Psalm 30 - You Saved Me.


Psalm 30 - What it means to me.

O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me.
You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead; 
you spared me from going down to the pit. Verse 3.

When I was a teenager, I was in deep despair. I felt alone, empty and lost. Because of these feelings, I was always in trouble for drinking, doing drugs and sleeping around. Many times I wanted to kill myself, but God held me back. I drove up to the top of a cliff one day and sat there trying to decide whether to drive off but I didn't.

I felt dead inside, as the Psalmist says. Nothing seemed to matter - no one loved me, not even my own family.

I didn't know God was there and that when I was 19 I would give my life to him. I didn't know he would give me my own family to love and be loved by. I didn't know he would spare me from going down to the pit. 

Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones, And give thanks to His holy name. Verse 4.

No comments: