Sunday, February 27, 2011

Be Ready!

Jesus said, "Stay dressed and ready for action and keep your lamps burning. Be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes." Luke 12:35-37

I take these verses to mean we should always be ready to do some kind of work for God. Lights and lamps usually represent the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we need the Holy Spirit in our lives in order to be ready. How do we stay ready for action? I would say by Bible study and prayer. When our minds are fortified with truth, we will then have something of value to pass on to others when they need it.

If I were to cater a wedding, I would have all things ready for the Bride and Groom when they walked into the house. I would be looking towards the door and peeking out the window to see if they were on their way. I think our eyes should look towards Jesus, anticipating his coming to us, either now or when he returns to take us home to heaven.

No comments: