Saturday, February 26, 2011

Disappointment.

I recently learned a certain pastor and author of Christian books has been having affairs with women. I learned a lot from this man's sermons and books. He helped me to understand and love God more.

I know this happens in churches everywhere in every denomination. What I don't understand is why the men and women who do these things stay in their position, hiding what they are doing - sometimes for many years. Aren't they afraid of what God would think of them preaching while they are having sex with married or vulnerable women? Have they no fear of God's wrath at all?

Well, it isn't my place to judge or condemn them. I just wonder what they are thinking! I don't expect perfection in people, even ministers. We are all human. I hope they ask forgiveness and let God change their lives. But I will say, the whole thing is a puzzle to me. Not the adultery, just the fact they keep on preaching.

2 comments:

Trix's Mix said...

This kind of thing is always so sad and puzzling I agree. We have to keep looking to Him, our Father who is perfect and blameless and never to people as they are only human and fallable.

Belle said...

Very true, Trix. The Bible says Jesus did not trust himself to men because he knew what was in their hearts.