Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Give Someone A Smile.


I watched Joyce Meyer preach this morning on TV. She was talking about helping other people and she told us that if you have nothing to give to another person, then give them a smile. Smile at people all day because a smile means: acceptance, approval, and love.

A smile gives encouragement. A smile makes people feel better. A smile makes people feel stronger. A smile keeps people from giving up.

I have noticed that when I smile at people they open up to me. They share their lives with me, even if it is only for a few minutes when I am buying something from the store I can connect with people.

If you smile at people, they aren't afraid to ask you for help. Perhaps they need directions, some money or just want to talk. A smile lets them know you will listen.

4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

I love to watch Joyce Meyer. She's so real and talks to you, not at you.

It is amazing what a smile can do!

Belle said...

I'm glad you like her too. She has taught me so much. She talks about practical every-day things you can do to be a better person.

Trix's Mix said...

I'm smiling at you right now! :)

Belle said...

Thank you Trix!