Sunday, February 20, 2011

Feelings About Pain


Every morning I wake up with pain. I have fibromyalgia and now sciatica. I feel exhausted most of the time. Lately, I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself. I want to just sit or lay and do nothing. I do the minimum of work around the house. I've been sick for about 12 years.

I was talking with God this morning about how I was doing and feeling. It came to my mind that I was letting my feelings about my illness control me. Instead of ignoring my negative thoughts, I was listening to them.

I believe God is telling me to just get up and get going. Take my pills, which do make me feel better, and take them as soon as I wake up. Go for a walk, even if I don't feel like it. Stay busy, even if I don't feel like it. Get on my feet and quit sitting at the computer.

I'm going to try and do this for myself and for God. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

2 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Good on you! Sometimes we all get bogged down in 'feelings'--I know I do on occasion--and getting past them is the best thing for us, even if we don't want to. You are in my prayers.

Belle said...

Thank you Betty. I did very well yesterday. I'm going to write about it.