Monday, February 21, 2011

Yesterday Went Well.


Yesterday, I decided to ignore my negative feelings about my illness (fibromyalgia) and just get up and get on with my day. I took my pills early in the morning and made myself get up in spite of the pain.

I kept busy doing some cleaning and stayed on my feet more. I didn't lay down as much or sit as often. It did feel good to accomplish some chores. My feelings tell me, "Why get up?" But I'm not going to listen to that any longer.

One thing about exhaustion from Fibromyalgia though. I can work through the pain, but not the exhaustion when it hits, which I know is okay. Also, I take some pills for the pain which help a lot. Some people don't have that. I find if I take one day-time cold pill and one Tylenol Arthritis pill together that this works wonders. I still have weakness and pain, but it is much improved.

It really was my sad feelings about being sick that was keeping me in bed. I am glad God has shown me I can ignore these feelings and get going.

"The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever."

2 comments:

Trix's Mix said...

So sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. Jesus sees all the pain every tear - one day when we are with Him no more of that! Keep holding onto His promises.

Belle said...

I will Trix. Thanks for your support and kind words.