Monday, March 21, 2011

A Kind Word.


Every day I go to the web site of Our Daily Bread at http://odb.org
They have a list of devotionals that I read through. They are usually thoughtful and inspiring. The one I read tonight made me smile. It was written by David McCasland.

He tells of two students from Purdue University who wanted to help people. They decided that once a week they would hold a sign that said, "Free Compliments" and to give a compliment to anyone who stopped by. Some students said they would go there each week to hear a kind word.

Words have great power; they can lift a person up, or pull a person down.

I remember when Peter said to Jesus, "You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68

The people noticed Jesus' words, "And all were speaking well of him , and wondering at the gracious words which were falling from his lips..." Luke 4:22

One man called Jesus, "A prophet, mighty in word and deed in the sight of God and all the people."

When I think of my own life; the words people say to me are important. I pray that we might always say kind and loving words as we interact with people. May God's hand be on us prompting us to say the right thing.

3 comments:

Christian1 said...

Words have the ability to hurt or heal. Sometimes the brightest light we shine in someone else's life, is a kind word.

betty said...

Words do have such an impact on us, indeed. I think that is why the Bible says so much about them and about how to control the tongue. I'm with you; I want to be an encourager with the words I say and I never want offend or hurt anyone with what I say.

betty

Belle said...

You guys are so right!.