Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"I Will Never Leave You."


Jesus said, "And remember, I am with you always, even until the end of time."
Matthew 28:20

"For He has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.'"
Hebrews 13:5

My husband was in the hospital for tests when the doctor slipped and punctured his liver. He was admitted and was being watched. A few days later I walked into his room and he said, "And who are you?"

I left the room and began crying. My husband had asked me where he was and who he himself was. He didn't recognize me. The doctors came running and they healed him. I was so glad. Later my husband told me that even though he didn't know me or himself, he said he remembered God and Jesus so he felt peace.

I love that God didn't allow Dan to forget him. To me it is almost proof that God exists, not that I need it. I have proof in myself He exists. I hear his voice and feel his peace.

3 comments:

Desiray said...

Belle what a lovely and awesome testimony of our Lord. I know how you must of felt when your hubby did not recognize you, I went through this with my mother illness when her kidneys was giving out, she did not recognize me either and I walked out of the room crying. But hours later she looked up at me and called me by name. God is good and He took my mother home to be with Him.

And God did heal your Husband. Thanks for sharing this blessed testimony,

Just Be Real said...

Oh Belle what a touching post. Safe hugs to you dear one.

Belle said...

Thank you so much, friends. Hugs and love to both of you.