Thursday, February 16, 2012

When God Leads Us.


I was reading the first four chapters of Matthew and I underlined what each chapter emphasized. Matthew chapters 1 &2 show us how God leads us in this life.

Joseph was planning on divorcing Mary because it became evident she was pregnant before they had been together. "Because Joseph her husband was a good man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly." But an angel from God was sent to Joseph in a dream to tell him not to be afraid, that the child was from God Himself. God sent other dreams to Joseph to warn him to flee to Egypt and then when to come back.

God also sent a star for the wise men of the east so they could find Jesus. He first sent them to Jerusalem, where the whole city became aware of them seeking the Messiah. When they left Jerusalem, the star reappeared and they rejoiced. They followed it to Bethlehem and found Jesus. God then spoke to them in a dream and warned them not to tell King Herod where Jesus was, but to go home another way.

What I learned from these two chapters is that God will lead us where he wants us to go. We need not worry or fret, just let our hearts be open to God's directions.

"You will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way, follow it whether it turns to the right or the left." Isaiah 30:21

"In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:6

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Belle, that is the scripture we discussed in our Ladies Praise Night ...Isaiah 30:21...hearing the voice ...telling us which way to go ....Trusting and not fretting is the key in our journey to the perfect will of god

Belle said...

Trusting and not fretting is so important to learn. I am still learning it and it leads to peace that's for sure. :)

Desiray said...

He surely does lead us, I know for me I am doing this God Size Mission in which the Lord has given me, He has told me to give out bibles to every person in my community. And to go to these certain places. And at first I was overwhelmed saying why would God use me to such a huge assignment, but He has been speaking to me about how He will lead me and not to get ahead of Him. He's doing it and I know but you know our flesh at times just want to get things moving...Oh I am so glad He leads me and His goodness and Mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. AMEN

Belle said...

What a wonderful assignment God has given to you. He will surely provide!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh it is all about trusting. Great post Belle. Appreciate you sharing. Blessings.

Belle said...

Than you Sarah. It is nice to meet you.