Saturday, February 11, 2012


"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning.
My God turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance towards an army.
With my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect.
The word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer.
He makes me able to stand on the heights."
Psalm 18:28-33

When I feel I am too small to face the troubles of this life, I read the Psalms. Many of them talk of God being our strength.
These Psalms give me peace and rest from turmoil.


"I love you, Oh Lord my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.
He is my God, my rock in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the power of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 18:1-2

4 comments:

Luana Krause said...

I love these psalms. I've been meditating on them the last few weeks. How wonderful that they are right here on your blog! Thanks for posting.

Desiray said...

Great words to mediate on today. All I can say to this is "BUT GOD"

Belle said...

Luana- The Psalms have been a great help to me the last few years too.

Desiray- Yes! I love how David complains and moans about life and then says, "But God..."

Just Be Real said...

Belle thank you for sharing and encouraging. Blessings.