Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wisdom.


I was reading Proverbs chapter 8 this morning and found it deeply interesting how Wisdom is personified as a woman calling out to those in the streets pleading with people to listen to her. I underlined the attributes of wisdom:

Truth
Justice
Hating evil
Knowledge
Discretion
Counsel
Judgement
Understanding
Power
Righteousness

The chapter ends with, "Whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."

I have always prayed that I might love people and now I will pray for this Wisdom from God.

I love the image of God calling out to us asking us to follow Him. How much he wants us to live!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

He does, Belle, He so wants us to live! Thank you for posting this- I was very blessed reading it. I think I will read through Prov. 8 now, myself.

momto8 said...

and what a list!! It is good to keep these attributes in our minds...

Belle said...

Shelly- Thanks, I read it again this morning and thought about how God has these attributes and how fortunate we are to have such a God.

momto8- Thanks for visiting. Your blog is lovely. God Bless.

Just Be Real said...

What a wonderful post. I am delighted I read this. Thank you for sharing. Blessings

Desiray said...

I love the book of Proverbs it ha so much Wisdom in it...and we can obtain that same wisdom ourselves. The more we draw closer to Jesus...

betty-NZ said...

The Wisdom you get when you honestly seek Him is amazing and wonderful and so beyond anything that the world can understand.