Monday, May 12, 2014

Psalm 12 What is Exalted?

Psalm 12 - What it means to me.

Help me, Lord. For it feels like loyal people are gone from the earth. People lie to their neighbors with flattery and speak with a double-heart.

I wish you would stop them from speaking. But they say, "My lips belong to me, who can stop me?"

"Because the poor are being oppressed, because of the groaning of the needy, I will rise up," says the Lord.
"I will place him in the safety for which he longs."

The words of the Lord are pure words. They are like silver refined in the furnace seven times. Therefore, Lord, we know you will keep them. You will preserve them from this generation forever.

The wicked strut around and what is worthless is exalted among the human race.

This last verse reminds me of what Jesus said, "What is exalted among men is detestable in the sight of God." Luke 16:15

This verse also reminds me of our culture. What is exalted among men? Money, power, fame, sex, an abundance of material things, expensive cars, drinking, good looks, the latest clothes, a huge house, and an impressive career.

But what is exalted in God's eyes? Love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, generosity, patience, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22, 23


No comments: