Friday, May 9, 2014

Psalm 9 - God is Our Haven.

I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart; I want to tell everyone the wonderful things you have done for me. I am filled with joy because we know each other. I love to sing praises to you.

You have made enemies turn back from me. (How many times have you saved me from harm? I don't even know.)

All through history, evil nations have fallen. You have judged with fairness. Even their names are forgotten but you will rule forever with justice and fairness.

Lord, you are a shelter for the oppressed; a haven to run to in times of trouble. Those who know you trust in you, for you never abandon those who search for you.

God cares for the helpless and doesn't ignore those who cry for help. He will avenge murder.

The wicked will go down to the grave; this is the fate of all the nations who ignore God. But the needy will not be forgotten; the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed.

Jesus said,  "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

We will have trouble and sorrow in this world. Jesus warned us of this, but one day God will repay us with great joy and happiness in heaven and he is a real comfort and joy to us even while we are here.


No comments: