Monday, May 5, 2014

Psalm 5 - Evil People.


Psalm 5 in my own words.

O Lord, hear my prayer. I need your help because I am feeling so bad. I will never pray to anyone but you. Each morning I pray and then wait, expecting you to help me.

God, you have no pleasure in seeing sin. How it must hurt your heart! People who do evil, who lie, murder and are proud. You hate what they do because they hurt themselves and other people.

Your love never fails and that is why I worship you. I feel deep awe when I go into your house.

Please lead me in the right paths, O Lord. I don't want my enemies to conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do and which way to turn.

Some people are so evil they want to murder people. Their speech is horrible, like the smell of a dead animal. They flatter people to draw them in. God hates these sins.

Lord, judge them. May they be caught in their own traps. They are rebels against you. When I think of people like this it makes me think of Nero, Saddam Hussain and other dictators who kill people by the thousands. Drive them away, Lord. may their people be freed from tyranny.

But may all who take refuge in you rejoice! May we sing joyful praises to you forever! Protect us, so all who love your name may be filled with joy. Surround us with your shield of love. Amen.



No comments: