Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Banners

"He has taken me to his banqueting hall, and his banner over me is love."
Song of Solomon 2:4


The word for banner comes from the Latin name "bandum" a cloth used to make flags. Banners were used by ancient Israel as a rallying point for battles. They were hung in castles in medevil times. The one on the right is Richard the Lionheart's banner.

The word on God's banner is Love.

This is the banner that hangs in heaven.

This is the word that is most important to God.

We are under his banner of love. We may not have love in our lives from people in this world, but we have the love of God over us. All we have to do is believe it and accept it.

2 comments:

Clarence Heller said...

Any (all) conversations with God bring great learning experiences.

I'm having a hard time "following" your blog....can't get connected. I'll keep trying.

Belle said...

I am so sorry you are having trouble. Maybe other people are having trouble too. I could change the address, but I'm not sure if my other followers would come with me or not.