Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"For My Mother and Father Have Forsaken Me, but the Lord Will Take Me In.


We have a young girl living in our home because her mother has thrown her out of the house. When I was acting up as a teenager, my father wanted to throw me out (I would have loved it), but my mother wouldn't let him. My grandsons have friends who have been told to leave. This is how the world is sometimes.

Apparently, David's parents turned their back on him. King Saul was looking for David to kill him. He was a fugitive, always on the run and hiding in caves. He took his parents with him, but they must have left David and been angry at him for all the trouble he brought upon him, for in Psalm 27:10 David tells us they had forsaken him.

Then he says, "But the Lord will take me in."

One thing we can count on; the Lord will never forsake us. Jesus says, "Behold, I am with you until the end of time." Matthew 28:20 If you feel all alone in the world, you are not. God is with you, he is only a breath away. Just ask him to come into your life and help you and he will.

No comments: