Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Will Go With You.


When Jacob was told his son Joseph ruled Egypt, he left the land of the Caananites to go live in Egypt. He must have been worried about leaving Caanan, for God had promised that land to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But God came and spoke to Jacob to set his mind at ease.

God spoke to Jacob in visions of the night and said, "Jacob, Jacob." And he said, "Here am I."

He said, "I am God, the God of your father; do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you a great nation there."

"I will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also surely bring you up again; and Joseph will close your eyes (in death)." Genesis 46:2-4

These verses show the kindness of God in reassuring his friend Jacob. He reiterated his promise of making his descendents a large nation and of giving them Caanan. But the most beautiful promise of all was, "I will go down with you to Egypt..."

Wherever we go, God goes with us. He never loses sight of us and he always keeps his promises.

No comments: