Saturday, January 8, 2011

Strength.


"I love you, O Lord my strength." Psalm 18:1

Many times, when I have felt tired, I have asked God to give me strength to do something and he has given me that strength. My mother, who is 83, has a weekly Bible study with a friend who lives in her apartment building. Sometimes, at the end of the day she is very tired. But she has asked God for strength to do the study and God has always given her that strength.

Of course, God is not just our physical strength when we need him. He is our Spiritual Strength. "The Lord is the strength of my life." Psalm 27:1, is one of my favorite verses. Without him, I know I would be lost. Not only lost spiritually, but in every way.

Before I gave my life to God, that is how I felt: lost. Lost and groping like a blind person in this dark world. I had tried to find my way through drinking, drugs and men, but it didn't work. I felt despair and hopelessness.

Thank God he was there for me, pushing and pulling me towards himself. Thank you God. I love you God, you are the strength of my life.

No comments: