Sunday, March 4, 2012

God's Loving Discipline.


I had to smile when I read this verse this morning:

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid."

Short, but sweet.

The commentaries say in this instance 'discipline' means: instruction or correction.

The word 'stupid' is a word meaning: brutish - like a beast.

http://bible.cc/proverbs/12-1.htm

Proverbs 3:11 says, "My son, do not despise the despise the Lord's discipline, and do not resent his rebuke. Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights."

When we love our children we gently correct and instruct them in how to be polite, kind, and all the myriad other actions we value. These things don't usually come without teaching. Children by themselves don't want to share their toys or know how to be polite. As they needed to be taught, we also need our God to teach us daily how to live.

Sometimes I have done wrong and the Lord convicts me of the wrong and then urges me to apologize. Believe me, it is a lesson that is burned into your mind. :)  I'm thankful he takes the time to teach me right from wrong and gives me a love for what is right.

4 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Discipline is never easy, but you can certainly learn well from it!

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for the lesson. Blessings.

Desiray said...

We sure don't like discipline but it's a must for the Child of God...amen..it makes us so much better children

Belle said...

Good morning everyone. May we all accept the discipline of the Lord!