Saturday, March 17, 2012

Jeremiah - His Call From God.


Jeremiah was a young priest in the Land of Benjamin. Suddenly, the Lord appeared to him and said, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you were born I consecrated you a prophet to the nations."

Because God is all knowing and can see the future of  us all, he knew what kind of person Jeremiah would be and that he was a man God could use to speak to the world. He knew Jeremiah would be a mighty prophet for him 

Jeremiah was a humble person which is shown by his answer, "Alas, Lord God! I do not know how to speak because I am young."

But God said, "Don't say, 'I am young,' because everywhere I send you, you shall go. All I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you to deliver you."

God would not accept Jeremiah's fear and dismay. He knew Jeremiah could do it with his help and strength.

"Then the Lord stretched out his hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, "Behold, I have put my words in your mouth..."

Age and experience means nothing to God. He often uses the very young to do his greatest work. But in order to speak for God we all need his hand to reach out and touch our mouths. May God help us and show us what to say to those who need him.

7 comments:

Just Be Real said...

A true word of "deliverance." I many times because of my past would experience tremendous fear talking and sharing in front of people. Or one on one conversation. But, having God as my strength now in my words, it comes a little easier to share. Thank you Belle for a wonderful post. Blessings.

Belle said...

Blessings to you also! It is fearful to talk with people when you come from an abusive past. Trust is gone and it feels scary. As I have gotten older (62) I can talk more with others, but I'm always afraid I'll say the wrong thing. I'm always afraid they won't like me. But God has helped me - I still have fear, but I do talk with people in spite of the fear.

Just Be Real said...

Ditto Belle. I so appreciate what you share. As we have, unfortunately, but also fortunately similarities. We can encourage one another. Have a blessed Sonday!

Desiray said...

Jeremiah the weeping Prophet! Deliverance is something many people don't understand, but I thank God for delivering me from my past and all those bad habits, not to say I still don't have a few but He's not done with me yet....

Belle said...

Hi Desiray! Yes, God has helped us all so much. And he will never be done helping us until he comes back and life in this world is over. Blessings and love to you.

Anonymous said...

I believe that God has a plan and purpose for each of us before we every breathed in our first dose of air....we fear b/c we limit ourselves to our own eyesight...but God sees the before the during and the future....isn't that wonderful to know!

Belle said...

It is wonderful to know, Rhonda. He does have beautiful plans for us!