Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Unseen and Eternal.

When writing about death and resurrection, Paul had this to say:

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

"Because we know that the one who raised Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence."

"Therefore, we do not lose heart though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed every day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4

We had a family birthday party for my granddaughter Hope this Sunday. My grandson Jordan came and I could see his heart was broken because his brother Craig, who passed away last August, was not there. Craig loved family gatherings. Jordan has no other siblings and perhaps seeing my three granddaughters together may have brought that home to him also. All of us missed Craig that day.

I have been praying and asking God to send Jordan a dream or a sign that would comfort him. So, I ask if you could say a prayer for Jordan also. Thank you so much.

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

I am sorry for the heartbreak loss of one of your grandchildren. May the loss in the hearts of those who loved him be comforted.

Desiray said...

Sis I will surely say a prayer. Father God I ask you to bring comfort and peace to this family for their lost. Lord you are the only one who knows just how to comfort us in our time of need. In Jesus name I pray. AMEN

Belle said...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Belle, it has been over 15 years now since Craig's chair has had is crazy self in it...we still feel his absence at holidays and special family times...I know to well how that void creeps up and snatches you when you are least expecting it .....hugs to you and your family...

Belle said...

The family times are the hardest, Rhonda. August will be so hard on Jordan, it is his birthday that month and also the month Craig died.

This did creep up on me on Sunday. I've felt so sad ever since. But I know I have to grieve. It is very hard.