Thursday, March 1, 2012

Seesaw- Up and Down I Go.


In my spiritual life I see my emotions and faith in God seesaw up and down. For days I am up and full of joy, thanking God for everything. Then one day, something happens and I am down. I feel frightened and overwhelmed, sad and discouraged. Because of that I then feel embarrassed my faith is so weak. Joyce Meyer has taught me to quote scripture during these times and I usually remember to do that. But what gets me is how fast I can plummet from faith to despair!

My daughter told me I can't feel happy all the time. True, but I think what I meant was having peace all the time. When I don't, I feel guilty and believe I have let the Lord down. When I was thinking about this, I remembered Elijah and how he worked for God on the mountain top, praying for fire from heaven that did come down and proved to the people God was God and not the idol Baal. Then that evening Elijah got frightened and fled from  Queen Jezebel who had threatened to kill him.

After Elijah had run for 40 days God came and asked him twice, "Elijah, what are you doing here?" Then He sent him back to finish the work God had for him to do. God had not sent Elijah into the wilderness. And God was so gentle towards Elijah's lack of faith.

I guess if Elijah can get frightened and try to run away, I shouldn't feel so bad about myself. I'm no Elijah.

4 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Powerful point. Yes, we are no Elijah.

Belle, I get this way too. Swinging on the pendulum. Yeah, it is so true how quickly we can go down, and then how slow our climb can be going up. Weird. Blessings to you dear one.

Desiray said...

Bell I know just what you are saying but what is going on with us on the inside is that our emotions are trying to test us they want to see if we are going to believe them as being truth as to what we already know in our hearts. About last month my emotions was really trying to get a hold of me and so I prayed and asked the Jesus to take total control over my emotions because I know they can lie to us have me believing one thing and then another, it's just like the word says out of the same mouth a man will bless God and curse God. The only thing we can do is give it to Jesus when we try to think we know how to fix things like our emotions we only get surface results when we need the root of them dealt with.

So you hang in there Belle and know your emotions are nothing that is solid all though the enemy loves to give us the appearance that it is. What Jesus gives us and this is what we walk in JOY, FAITH, LOVE, CONTENTMENT, PEACE, And grace and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives...AMEN

Belle said...

Be Real- Blessings to you also and thank you for your friendship.

Desiray- I will hang in there, and thank you for your guidance. Feelings do seem real but they are not and I will give them to Jesus.

Just Be Real said...

((((Belle))))