Thursday, March 29, 2012

Running Water.


I was washing some dishes this morning and had trouble with our tap. If you move it a tiny bit too far the water is too hot, then if you move it a tiny bit the other way the water is too cold. I felt frustrated and complained about it. Then I heard God say to me, "Many people don't have running water." I said, "That is true, and not only do I have running water - I can have it hot if I want to."

The Lord has been showing me time and again (I'm a slow learner) that I should be grateful for what I consider small things. They aren't small. No blessing is small. I just need to look around my home to find many things to be thankful for. I can look outside and see the beauty of nature. I can look in a mirror and realize I can see, think, and feel.

Father - help us all to be grateful for all your many blessings.

8 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Belle, thank you for the reminder to seek out and take notice with thanks for the small things in life. Blessings.

BelovedBomber said...

Last year I went on my first mission trip to Nicaragua. My heart broke for the conditions that most live in. Clean water is a blessing that I have often taken for granted. Thanks for the reminder...it is easy for me to take too much for granted. Have a blessed day!

Shelly said...

Amen, Belle, amen.

Belle said...

Hello everyone and blessings to you. Thanks for coming by. Love and hugs.

Desiray said...

Sister Belle that is a lovely post. God always shows us the beauty in the smallest of things.

Belle said...

Desiray- That is true!

Sherry Ellis said...

Thanks for that reminder to be grateful for everything, even if its not exactly the way we like it.

Belle said...

Sherry- Hi. Yes, my goal is to be "thankful in all things" as Paul said.