Friday, March 23, 2012

Hope in God.


Dear friends, I want to thank you for your prayers for Faith. I wrote on my other blog how she is finally no longer afraid of the wind. She is able to go out more and enjoy life. She had lost all hope; that is what I wrote about before on this blog. I am so thankful to God that the doctors were right that she would get better. I am thankful God was with her and us through this hard time. Of course, she may always have some problems, we don't know, but the worst of her illness is over.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Hope  in God, for I will again praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 43:5

God has made us creatures who need hope. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

As I read this verse I was struck with how important hope is in the eyes of God. He is even called, "The God of all hope." And he wants us to overflow with hope.  The commentary says God inspires and produces hope.

What is the opposite of hope? Despair. God is not the God of despair - that is Satan's weapon against us. So, let us all pray for hope when things look hopeless, because with God no situation is ever without hope.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I am so thankful for Faith's continual healing! What wonderful news. Hope really does heal a heart, and with it, life looks completely different.

Just Be Real said...

Belle, thank you for the update and a wonderful encouraging post. Blessings.

Desiray said...

God makes all the difference in the World thanks for keeping us posted sis

Belle said...

Thank you dear friends! God bless and have a lovely weekend.

Sherry Ellis said...

So glad that Faith is doing better. Thanks for the update.

BelovedBomber said...

I don't know Faith but praise God that she is doing better. What a prophetic name! Hope in Christ is a life preserver in raging seas...blessing to you!

Belle said...

Thanks, Beloved. I thank God so much. Thank you and nice to meet you!